Jerry -

I use two approaches for Entity enhancement. When running / developing unit
tests in Eclipse, I run with the -javaagent enhancer[1]. This is nice for
quick development and works for a majority of cases. Then when I build from
the command line, we (OpenJPA) drop of out maven into ant[2][3], using the
maven-antrun-plugin to enhance our Entities.

Thanks,
Rick

[1] http://openjpa.apache.org/runtime-enhancement.html
[2] http://openjpa.apache.org/enhancement-with-ant.html