Harold -

Your setup is perfectly valid and if it works for you, great! OpenJPA uses
build time enhancement as we have lots of automated builds that don't see
the light of Eclipse and as such what we have works good enough...

Now if you're looking to help contribute to problems with the enhancer
plugin, we'd be more than willing to have some help! There are a number of
JIRAs that have been opened for problems with the existing implementation.
I'll paste a few links that contain interesting information about the
development / problems of the eclipse plugin.

Thanks,
Rick

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-1412 -- This one also links
to a number of other JIRAs.
http://markmail.org/thread/htxerfi42f76xtzi -- The net of this exchange is
that he had issues on Eclipse 3.6, I think things worked properly before
that.?

--
*Rick Curtis*