Hey,

we recently switched to 2.2.0 (cant go higher because we use Java8) and we
found a change in behavior.

Asumme we created a new Entity which looks like this:

Person.java
------------------
int oid
String name
CustomerType adress

we created the object like so:

Person p = new Person();
p.setName("foo);

CustomerType ct = new CustomerType();
ct.setOid(1); // THIS OID already exists and we want to map the existant
object to Person

p.setCustomerType(ct);

persist(p);

=====

In 2.1.0 OpemJPA knew that there is a CustomerType in the DB with this oid
and loads it automaticly and the child object is "managed". With 2.2.0 this
is no longer the case and we get a "Unmanaged bla bla bla Exception". We
relied on that behavior heavily and the rewrite is a tough for all areas.
Is there some kind of config setting where i can set the "old behavior". Or
was this old behavior a bug? ;-)

Thanks for hints.

Marc