On 5/5/2013 8:44 AM, Patricia Hickin wrote:
Is this the place to get help with a text document?
I am trying to insert a picture and put text to the right of the image.  I
can put text above or below, but not beside the image.

Also I want to divide the page into two columns, beginning about 2 or 3
inches from the top, but instead it divided the entire page into two
columns.

So, two questions:

How to get text to the right of an image?
  and how to divide a page into two or more columns, beginning 2-3" from the
top?

Thanks,
Pat

Text to right of picture is fairly easy:
1.  Insert picture at proper point.
2. Right click on it and choose Picture. This pops-up a nine-tab box. The 'Type' and 'Wrap' tabs are probably of most use. On the Type tab, Size can be adjusted by checking the Keep Ratio box and then changing either Width or Height. Use Anchor to control picture position. To_paragraph or To_character is probably best. On the Wrap tab, the Optimal Setting should provide what you said you want. Spacing allows you to keep a little white-space between the picture edges and the text.

Sorry, I can't help with the column problem.