The Webinar mentioned later is an hour long infomercial about the eBook Evolution product. There were also a general outline of the process that was very general in nature. I'm not sure if there was anything in it that could not be learned from other sources, but the general ideas presented might help someone. Perhaps the free seminars might be more specific. As far as the link to the free brown bag webinars, the outline of the two webinars available at the link below contains some of the same information found in the ultimate-ebook webinar that I watched from the second link. Neither link seems to give enough information for it to be useful to me. Disclaimer: I use Linux as my OS exclusively, so none of this information is of any use to me that I can see. Perhaps an ODT template can be developed by a person for AOO that could be used with Calibre to create an ePUB document that has fairly clean code. This could then be used by people who only use Linux.

--Dan

Pamela Wilson provides some free seminars on making ebooks,
<http://www.bigbrandsystem.com/free-brown-bag-webinars/#3>.

Apache OpenOffice Writer is featured as the preferred authoring too.  The
bundled materials that are for sale include ODT templates.  There is also
guidance and explanation of what it takes to format for EPUB and have good
results.  EPUB formats are restricted and attempting to make a heavily styled
document is not a good idea.  The proposed approach works for submissions of
Kindle books also.

The associated materials are not inexpensive, in the $100-$200 US range.  They
are intended for folks who are serious about publishing or who want to provide
authoring services to others.  After the initial expense, there is no reuse
limitation and there are no royalty obligations, however.  Calibre for creating
eReader-ready format.  There is an assumption that folks are using Windows or
Macintosh OSX.

There's an On-Demand Webinar for eBook Evolution that is recommended for folks
who are not professional authors/writers as well.  I presume that it features
the eBook Evolution package that is offered as a product.  I haven't explored
this:
  <http://www.bigbrandsystem.com/ultimate-ebook-kickstart/>.

  - Dennis