From: Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
To: "users@openoffice.apache.org" <users@openoffice.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 6:49 PM
Subject: linux remarks in: Someone is hell bent on seeing AOO go away
> I was cruising through the users list yesterday and came across this message.
> http://markmail.org/message/tl2jof3b5inpnedj
> I, too am a Linux/KDE users of 11 years, but I'm not sure what you mean by
> this comment --
> "I use KDE; AOO only provides integration for GNOME. "
> Could you elaborate?
> What AOO desktop-integration bits do you install?

As the OP on the comment...

I installed AOO from the unofficial Debian Ports tree hosted on SF.net[1].

There is a package in there called "openoffice-gnome-integration"[1], which is
provided by AOO; there is no package "openoffice-kde-integration" - which is
what my comment was about.
So I have no mime-type integration aside from what I do manually; nor do I have
it on any menus in KDE4, so I have to run it via KRunner and an explicit path
to the soffice binaries[3].

Now, if openoffice-gnome-integration will do the above without requiring GNOME
to be installed, great - I haven't tried it as the name suggests requiring
GNOME which I don't have installed (Kubuntu user).

If I'm missing something, then please point me in the right direction. And of
course I'll be happy to help with testing of any KDE integration.

Ben

[1]http://sourceforge.net/projects/apacheoo-deb/files/
[2]http://sourceforge.net/projects/apacheoo-deb/files/debian/pool/main/o/openoffice-gnome-integration/
[3]/opt/openoffice4/program/soffice