Despite Dr. Zarlenga's odd claims, I do believe that it is possible to run Java on Windows. I happen to use Linux, so anything that I say is of course suspect.

A few questions for you.

1. What version of AOO are you using? 4.x? For version 3.x, you need Java 6, for AOO 4, you can use 7. 2. What vesrion of Java. Note that I believe that AOO can only use a 32-bit version of Java, not a 64-bit version. 3. Somewhere under Tools > Options .... you can tell AOO where your Java is installed. This must be set I believe. I cannot check the actual path at the moment (since I don't have AOO installed on the machine I am using now).

There are some comments here:

http://www.openoffice.org/development/releases/4.0.0.html