1) open file in quattropro, save as excel 97..., open xls file in calc, save as
ods, work with ods file in calc.

2) if you don't have quattropro, down load free trial of wordperfect office and
then proceed with step 1).

3) if you don't run windoz, create a windoz virtual machine and then proceed
with 2) and then 1).

4) go to www.zamzar.com, follow steps to convert to ods

I had several files to convert from wp and qp and use an iMac so chose to use
3). Zamzar limits the size of files that you can convert, plus I didn't want to
share confidential data with a third party. By the way windoz os is very big
and requires a dvd to write to when you down load it.

Steve
Sent from my iPad