On Fri, 30 May 2014 15:00:50 -0000, Keyur Parikh <kypar...@gmail.com> wrote:

  I am trying to write a new Web document (html) file. As soon as I select
unnumbered list ( <UL> <LI> ) it adds the <P> tags to it which causes extra
spacing when viewing in the browser. I do not want the <P> tags in the
lists ( <LI> ). In the open office it shows just as newlines without
spacing but in browser it shows the spacing.
Is there any way to avoid adding the <P> tags in the lists ???

to be honest, openoffice is a rather poor html editor. it haven't even closed the
<LI> tags when i tried your example. so, in any case, every html file created
with it should be hand-checked.