On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 01:51:13PM +0530, Prannoy Pilligundla wrote:
> > Looking at the code in
> >
> > starmath/source/mathmlimport.cxx
> > class SmXMLAnnotationContext_Impl
> >
> > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/main/starmath/source/mathmlimport.cxx?revision=1591062&view=markup#l1306
> >
> > only the annotation with encoding="StarMath 5.0" is imported.
> >

> I tried changing the encoding to Starmath 5.0 as you said but its still not
> retained after saving the ODT file

That will never work; if you look at the code, OpenOffice expects valid
"StarMath" (OpenOffice Math) syntax inside that annotation; that's why
I said that you could add the latex formula as a OO Math comment; but,
again, this is useless, because the user will see that comment, and can
remove it.

> > You could add the latex formula as a comment inside that annotation (in
> > OpenOffice Math comments start with %%), but if the user deletes the
> > comment, you won't be able to import back the latex formula. Besides,
> > there isn't much sense in storing the original latex formula when the
> > document - and the formula - can be modified by the user. It seems you
> > will have to implement a MathML to latex converter.
> >

>  I don't want to show the latex formula to the user, I am bringing it as
> metadata that can be used for ODT to LyX conversion. But the point you made
> that the formula can be modified is true,its a limitation in what I am
> trying to do, this can only be solved by implementing a MathML to Latex
> converter as you said

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile