On 12/8/2014 12:07 AM, Brian Barker wrote:
At 22:56 06/12/2014 -0500, Doug McGarrett wrote:
On 12/06/2014 03:20 PM, Phillip Smith wrote:
I have updated open Office to the current 4.1 version and now all words in a document are underlined as spelt wrong, alternatives are not offered. What is wrong.

What's wrong apparently is that there must be bug in the software. This complaint seems to surface about once a week or so. Why don't you file a bug report with OpenOffice. Then send another one to LibreOffice. LO must have copied it when they forked.

We can do better than just say just "there must be a bug". Clearly something has gone wrong and it may be considered a bug in the application that this happens. But it is well understood that this situation occurs when the OpenOffice user profile becomes corrupt - for whatever reason - and there are simple ways to correct the problem.

By all means submit bug reports, but in order to be of any help you would probably need to determine what documents or what specific actions in OpenOffice were likely to cause profile corruption. When you do so, and can explain this in your bug reports, I'm sure many people will be delighted. Good luck!

Oh - unless you are planning to write just "It doesn't work."

Brian Barker

It seems to me that this seems to only happen when someone upgrades to a new version. At least that's the only cases I've seen reported and it has never happened to me personally.

Dale Erwin