I’m considering using Open Office instead of the MS products that I’ve used for
years. I’ve done a slight amount of testing to look into compatibility with MS
Office, and I’m not getting the results I had hoped for.

Can you tell me how OO interacts with the MS world – like how do you convert
documents from one format to the other. I’ve tried opening an OO document with
Word and it took about 3 or 4 steps to do it. I then tried to open a Word
document in OO and I was unable to. I also tried to save a Word document with
an OO extension and I couldn’t to it.

If there’s an easy way to migrate back and forth I would really be interested
in OO and I’d gladly contribute to your development. However, I need to be able
to live in both “worlds”.

Thanks for your help.

Richard Fox
rafo...@outlook.com