Well, at least we know OO is working.  Someone else mentioned a way to
get OO added in, if it doesn't show with "open with".

On 06/25/2015 08:29 PM, Richard Fox wrote:
> OK. That works. But it's kind of a back-handed approach. What I was
> trying to do was to double-click on an xlsx document itself, right
> click on "open with" and have it open with OO. It really SHOULD since
> I have both MS Office and OO installed. But for some reason, my system
> doesn't seem to recognize that OO is installed.

For the record, I bought my first computer in 1976, an IMSAI 8080,
worked for several years as a computer technician maintaining
mini-computers, DEC VAX 11/780, a few different PR1ME and Data General
models, along with a Collins C8500 (a mil spec version of the IBM 360)
system running the Air Canada reservation system and also 3rd level
support at IBM Canada, where I worked on OS/2, Windows 95, NT & XP and
several applications.  I also have considerable experience with Linux
and am a Cisco CCNA.  I have also completed several computer science
courses.  In short, my experience with computers goes back to the mid
'70s or even a few years earlier, if you count a FORTRAN class I took in
high school.  As someone who worked with computers, you should know you
have to provide details, what you're running, what works, what doesn't
etc..  You shouldn't leave us guessing as to where the problem might be.

> For the record ... I was selling mainframes to the largest
> corporations in the world and managing project management teams
> world-wide a long time ago (possibly before you were born - no slight
> intended). I really do know how to do problem determination. I have
> spent hours and I just can't figure out why this won't work without
> having to start OO first. I have at least a dozen options. It's just
> that OO isn't one of them. It's almost as though it didn't get into
> the registry properly.
>
> I'll work on this some more when I get a chance.

Given my experience with Windows, I wouldn't be surprised if a
re-install was necessary.