On 6/27/2015 2:03 PM, Felmon Davis wrote:
On Fri, 26 Jun 2015, John Hart wrote:

On 6/26/2015 1:12 PM, Dale Erwin wrote:
On 6/26/2015 11:37 AM, Doug wrote:
  However, if there were
to be a means of exiting the strait-jacket for a short space--a line or the end of a paragraph, say, or until one deliberately returns to the style, then it might become a more user-friendly environment.

A reasonable suggestion

not reasonable at all from my point of view.

I have to edit a collection of essays once a yr. styles are invaluable.

if hitting a line return changed styles, the work would be very difficult.

suppose I have a long quotation with indents and containing several paragraphs. I want the line returns to preserve formatting.

if I want to drop out of a style I either change the style (some of them I have tied to key combinations) or hit 'clear formatting.'
I have a CNC that can do most anything better than a drill press, yet I use the drill press more. It appears by your answer, there is a way for him to do what he wants. It's much better to inform, than call people stupid. (unreasonable)

jrh