No problem.  That the limitation applies to only one file is a very big clue.
It is valuable to learn that this is an isolated case for you.  It is also
important in helping other users determine whether the problem is a lingering
lock on a file had been edited in the past.

Thank you for working through this "by the numbers" and narrowing to a specific
problem.

I am going to summarize and suggest a remedy.  This remedy should work for
everyone that has the same situation on Windows 10.

For you, there is a single file, by name, that is "locked for editing."

There are two ways to deal with this.  Please let us know which you tried and
confirm that it was successful:

 1. Immediate work-around: Open that file and save it with a new name, varied
somehow to show this is a later version to use.  It is important that the name
be different.
    If this succeeds, you can now delete the version that is locked for editing
using the Windows File Explorer.

 2. In the same folder as that document, you can instead find the lock file and
remove it.  Here's how to find and remove lock entries in the same folder as a
document that is locked for editing.

  a. For example, I have a document test-locking.odt in a folder.
  b. I opened the document in AOO 4.1.1 and changed one line.
  c. *Without saving* the changed document, I used the task manager to close
AOO.  (The same would happen if I did a restart or a shutdown while a document
edit was in-progress.)
  d. Since I did not complete editing of the document, there is a lock file in
the same folder.  Its name, in my case, is ".~lock.test.locking.odt#".  This is
a HIDDEN file.

 3. To View Hidden files (always a good idea) in Windows File Explorer on
Windows 10,
  a. Select the View tab in the Windows File Explorer window that is opened at
the suspect folder.
  b. For the Layout, select Details (to give you a look at the actual file
names and other data.  You can always change the view of folder to any other
preference.  Use Details for trouble-shooting.
  c. Over in the Show/hide section of the View tab,
     (i) Leave Item check boxes alone if you like the way things work
     (ii) CHECK "File name extensions"
     (iii) CHECK "Hidden items"

     That should reveal the lock.<your-file-name># file.  You can just delete
it, now that you see it.