Alan, thank you for the tip.

I use 4.1.1 on an old Dell Latitude D600, running XP.  I have 2 gigs of
memory installed (board maximum). The CPU is a now ancient Pentium, 1600
Mhz.

It takes a  LONG time to boot up.

In OO 4.1.1, when I access Tools>Options>Memory and look at the
QuickStarter dialog in the right hand panel, it provides a box to check or
not check which has a legend next to it regarding loading OO at system
start up.

Given the slow system start up I have any way, I'm not so sure this is
really a "Quick Start" for me.

Is there something else I am missing which would give a quicker start up
for OO?

I can see the argument that starting OO once only at the start of a
session on the old laptop may be somewhat time saving when compared to
starting and closing OO several times during a  session, but I don't see a
really faster initialization of OO.  All I  see is a  shift of when the
slow OO loading takes place.

Thoughts, comments, additional tips on the slow OO initialization issue
Alan, anyone?

Thank you.