On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 13:44:35 -0500 (EST)
Robert Funnell <robert.funn...@mcgill.ca> wrote:

> I don't see any attached error message, I'm not sure whether
> attachments are allowed on this list. Can you just tell us what it
> was? And I'm not clear about whether the error message was when
> running 4.1.1, when installing 4.1.2 or when running 4.1.2.

Attachments are not allowed on the mailing list, so we do not know what the
error message is.

Taking a guess that the original poster is using Windows, a common message is
to "close any running version of OpenOffice"; this occurs of the Quickstarter
is running, closure of which is often overlooked by the user.  If this is the
case, start TaskManager (Ctrl Shift Esc) and kill all "soffice" processes shown
on TM's Processes (or in Win10, its Details tab).  Exit TaskManager and then
try to install the new version of OpenOffice again.  Note the leading s in
"soffice" for the name of the processes to kill

RoryOF

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>