-------- Original Message  --------
From: Gerry Dutchie
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 09:50:18 +0000 (UTC)

> Yes that's right, using US international keyboard under Windows,€  can be
> made using right Alt-key + 5 (number key with % sign on it).Right Alt key on
> some keyboards also known as Alt Gr.
> Sincerely
> Gerrit
>

>     On Tuesday, 1 March 2016, 23:55, James Knott <james.kn...@rogers.com>
> wrote:
>

>  On 03/01/2016 04:17 PM, Dale Erwin wrote:
>> What's wrong with Insert > Special Character.  It's available in
>> writer and calc, but I don't know about the other components.
>
> For anyone who's good at touch typing, that would slow them down.

FWIW: I frequently need to type the € character on a standard US
keyboard and for a long time have used the "AutoCorrect -> Replace"
option, by adding :?: (colon + question mark + colon) as my personal
auto correction replacement for the Euro character. This works for me in
both AOO & LO under Windows & Linux (presumably it would also work for
OSX & OS2). There is a minor (slightly inconvenient) difference between
AOO & LO, in that AOO requires a space or return character to
immediately follow the chosen AutoCorrect string.

Dave