On 06/06/2016 11:26 AM, Ron Patterson wrote:
I start by going to my desktop Open Office icon and clicking and I get the usual 8 choices of programs. If I have open either a new text document I can not click on the icon and open a new spreadsheet. And vice versa.

Clicking on the AOO icon while one program is open makes the icon inoperable to select and open any other new program.

How can I have open a spreadsheet and then open a new text document program at the same time? Or vice versa?

One way is to simply click on file -> open ... and open the text document in question - you do not need the 8 choice menu all over again - however, and unfortunately, aoo does not seem to support multiple instances of it to be
running simultaneously.