This may be a bit off topic but it does refer to IOS updates and
compatability, which has delayed me from upgrading to El Capitan.

I've had no problems with AOO when updating my IOS Yosemite.  However, I
have had incompatibility with my Lexmark Printer everytime I do a minor
upgrade.  The software update corrupts my printer files, making my printer
useless and has required me to pay tech support from LEXMARK.

I'm not sure if this is an AOO issue or IOS or select printer issue.

I find that in the past several months, whenever I make minor updates on my
mac IOS, it corrupts my Lexmark printer files which makes my laptop unable
to communicate with printer.  I have tech support available by phone and
with permission, they can access my files and input from my computer, but
I'm not comfortable doing that all the time.  The tech help is also very
expensive. Lexmark support seems to indicate I wouldn't be able to delete
and upload new printer files on my own.  The techies sometimes having
difficulty themselves, as I witness the swirls of cursor movement and
clicked icons.

I realize Lexmark is no longer manufacturing printers and at the moment am
dependent on their expensive tech support ($119 for 3 events), each time I
update or upgrade my IOS.

Question, does anyone know of how to delete and install printer files in a
simple way so I can do this myself?  It was a simple process when I had an
HP printer, using AOO.  Otherwise, this is a great printer with many
features that I use and would prefer to not get a new printer.

Until then I hesitate to make any updates, especially to El Capitan.

Printer: LEXMARK Platinum Pro 905 wireless  manufactured 2009
IOS : OSX Yosemite 10.10
Apache Open Office  4.0

Rochelle