On Sat, 26 Nov 2016, Larry Gusaas wrote:

On 2016-11-26, 1:59 PM Jim McLaughlin wrote:
Not directly.  One of the many "features" of OO 4,x.x

BS. I can open any docx files that have been sent to me with Apache OpenOffice.

not complete BS - I have encountered .docx files I cannot open. if I then load them up to google-docs, they open fine and I can save them as .odt or whatever. I'd say out of about 300 .docx files I've dealt with since September (I've dealt with many more actually in this period), I stumbled across this once. typical rate in my experience.

I'm still on 4.1.1.

f.