On 20/01/17 12:38 PM, joan zlotnick wrote:
On Jan 19, 2017, at 8:33 PM, joan zlotnick <joanzlotn...@me.com> wrote:

Message on my screen says, “Either another instance of OpenOffice.org is
accessing your personal setting or your personal settings are locked.
Simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies in your personal settings.
Before continuing  you should make sure user ‘joan zlotnick’ closes OpenOffice
on host ‘joan’s MacBookAir.home.”

The message tells you that there is a lock file. Under Windows (I have no Mac) you find this in:
C:\user\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4

With an important deadline coming up, I need to speak with technical support
staff to help me fix this problem ASAP. Please send me phone contact
immediately. This matter is urgent.

OpenOffice is an Open Source application which is maintained by volunteers, there is no support staff.
On this mailing list you get support from users like you.

Many thanks,
Joan Zlotnik