hi.
find and run openoffice installation file.
then select modify, make your desires and in one of the vizard, you
can select which kind of documents should be open by openoffice by
default.
these are include, microsoft word, excel and  powerpoint.
activate any of the checkboxes of these three group of files that you need.
continue the process until finish.
now, you can open your desire files with openoffice by default.
hope that help, God bless you.

On 9/23/17, Heidi S <sundermanhe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I recently installed OpenOffice on my computer and was wondering how
> to set this as the default by which documents open from the internet on my
> computer. As of now, when I open a file from online, the file attempts to
> open in Microsoft Office instead of OpenOffice. Thank  you  for the help, I
> appreciate it,
> Heidi

> 10

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.