On 24/11/17 12:15 PM, Narendran wrote:
Hi!
The Indian Currency symbol…...  is not available in any version of Open Office
under ‘CURRENCY SYMBOLS’.
I will be grateful if this could be done in a simple manner , just like we can
insert $  €  ¥   £ .
₨ is not a symbol. This was before the symbol was introduced a few years back..
This Indian symbol must be  available in the list of Currency Symbols.

Two ways you can achieve this:
1. In OpenOffice go to Insert -> Special Character select for example Font Times New Roman and in the Subset select Currency Symbols
   at the right site of the top row you see the required symbol.
2. In Windows open the Character Map select again the same font, half way the bottom you select Unicode Subrange in the Group by field    This opens a Group by window where you select Currency and you find your symbol

Thank you for your time. I hope you will do this soon.

ps: Wrote earlier a year back, and nothing has been said about it. I got a mail
saying it is somewhere in the open office. Since I am not a High Tech person, I
could not locate it Make it easy, make it simple and make it readily available
under 'Currency Symbols'