On Sun, 24 Mar 2019, Marilyn LeBaron wrote:

How do I open a document I forgot the password to? It will not let me make a
new copy. The instructions are to open the document and save a copy of it to
begin editing it. But, I cannot do that the document will not open without a
password. I cannot save a new copy it has to be open before I can save and
rename it.

How do I get the password off? Who do I go to for help.

Marilyn LeBaron

you've gotten the sad news about opening the document from others.

but you can make a *copy* of the *file* for safe-keeping or other reasons. if that's (also) what you want, tell us what operating system (e.g. Windows) you are using and if you can, where the file is located.

a 'document' is from the computer's perspective a 'file' with a name like "MySecrets.docx". it is located somewhere like in 'My Documents' or something. someone can walk you through it.

you still won't be able to see the *contents* until you somehow obtain the password.

f.

--
Felmon Davis