Hi Margaret,

I'm not familiar with Open Office, or other documents, being converted
without authorization to Microsoft Word format.

So I have a question. To open a document do you find then file and
double-click it with your mouse? If that's what you do and the document
opens in Word then the problem is likely something called a "file
association".

If Word has been recently installed, reinstalled, or the the repair feature
has been applied to the Microsoft Office

--
Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011