...hit Send accidentally

the complete message....

Hi Margaret,

I'm not familiar with Open Office, or other documents, being converted
without authorization to Microsoft Word format.

So I have a question. To open a document do you find the file then
double-click it with your mouse and it opens in Word?

If that's what you do and what happens then the problem is likely something
called a "file association".

If Word has been recently installed, reinstalled, or the the repair feature
has been applied to the Microsoft Office installation then the file
associations could have changed. Some Windows updates also change (set to
Microsoft's preferences) file associations.

To change the file association so your Open Office documents open in Write,
Calc, etc...
1. Find one of your files
2. Right-click the file
3. Select the Properties item on the menu (it should be at or near the
bottom)
4. In the dialog box that opens look for the "Opens with:" entry (it should
be near the top)
5. To the right of "Opens with:" there is a button "Change...", click this
button
6. Now you'll get a screen asking how you want to open the file, click the
program you want to use
7. Then click the OK button, the list closes
8. Next click the OK button

You're done. If file associations were the problem, they have just been
changed to open files with the program you want them to open in.

--
Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011