Hello Narissa,

I think you are out of luck. If OpenOffice or the computer had crashed or
if you forced the program to close without saving the document you would be
able to find the document per the instructions at the link below.
https://smallbusiness.chron.com/recover-unsaved-work-openoffice-29581.html

That crash recovery version of the document the instructions direct how to
find disappeared whenever the program was closed by clicking the Discard
button in every test I tried.

One other possibility is look in the directory the file is saved in. Make
sure your file browser is set to show hidden files. It is possible a
version of the file might still be there. The name would likely start with
the ~ character and end with #. The file has a greater chance of being
there if it was saved on a network drive instead of the pc's hard drive.

Good luck.

At the risk of rubbing salt in a wound, and not at all intending to,
regardless what happens with this file I suggest the following to people as
a way to protect against just this sort of thing. "Save early, save often".
The keyboard combination Ctrl+S allows saving the file just as rapidly as
typing a capital letter. Get into the Ctrl+S habit at any time you pause
your editing and there's a great chance of not loosing any work.

--
Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011