Jennie,

The File Association of your documents has been changed. This is something that
Windoz is pretty aggressive about doing. To fix this open the File Explorer app
in Windows System (or the File Folder icon on the Task Bar). In the window for
File Explorer open the folder that has your Writer files in it. Highlight one
of your Writer files and then click on the triangle (down arrow) to the right
of Open. This will bring up a menu of choices of programs to open that file in.
If OpenOffice Writer is not in that list chose “Chose another app” and search
through that list to find OpenOffice Writer, click OpenOffice Writer and then
check box “Always use this app to open .odt files” this will change the file
association on all .odt files to OpenOffice Writer. If you have saved text
documents in other file formats then you will need to change the file
association for those formats as well.

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this message to you since you may not see
all replies if you are not subscribed to the users group.

As a courtesy to me please do not respond to my email address, respond only to:
users@openoffice.apache.org so that all users can assist you with any further
questions.

Thank you,

Steve