TO BRIAN BARKER AND STEPHEN AHLERS:
Thank you thank you thank you!!  I uninstalled the Microsoft Office and the
documents transformed back into the Apache Open Office ODT files!  I appreciate
you replying to my email so promptly and appreciate your expertise!
Sincerely,Jennie Bickerton
   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Jennie Bickerton
<bjbicker...@yahoo.com>To: users@openoffice.apache.org
<users@openoffice.apache.org>Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 04:59:07 PM
ESTSubject: New Computer - Microsoft has changed my documents to Word
 Hi and Help
I have a new computer, have downloaded Apache Open Office, and have copied
documents that are Open Office ODT onto my new computer via a Flash Drive. Now
all of my files appear to be Word documents and when I attempt to open a
document, the Microsoft popup wants to prompt me to purchase their software
which I do not want.  I get a message that I have to delete the S app and
afterwards can never add it again.
I have tried to change/open via AOF but that doesn't work.  Do I have to
purchase the AOF app and if I do purchase, will Microsoft then allow me to
change the documents into OF?
Any help will be appreciated!!