Michael Adams wrote:
On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 14:57:23 -0700
Came this utterance fomulated by John Boyle to my mailbox:

To Users: Will the next release really simplify the problem with MSFT documents? I have cousin who sends me said documents and I have not
been able to read them with ver. 2.4.1. :-) :-(

In february microsoft opened the specification of the Office save
formats. Presumably this has allowed programmers to compare how good the
previous reverse engineering was.

There are still discrepancies between office and OO.o. One in particular
is word collapsing top and bottom margins on a page. They should soon
start following others in this matter soon as they are doing so with
Internet Explorer.

Of course if your cousin sends you Publisher files just send them back.
95%+ of the files that people typically use Publisher for could be done
in Word or Writer.

To Mr. Adams: I thank you for this information and will keep in mind! :-)

--
John Boyle