Drew Jensen wrote:

> Well - OpenOffice.org as you may know has been running a user survey for
> the last couple of yours, at least.
>
> During that time not hundreds and not thousands but tens of thousands of
> users have responded.
>
> In that data there are significant numbers of people that do report less
> then satisfactory experiences with the applications.

Can you remind us of the link pointing to the summary of the data?

Improvement is always needed.  However, change for the sake of change is
 a waste of resources.  Change for the sake of copying M$ failures, well
that sounds like someone is channeling the de Icaza crowd.

The UI needs improvement.  Matthias pointed out the failure of M$
"Research".  Others point out the failure of "The Ribbon"
We see the two mistakes.  There's not point in following either mistake
nor in listening to the mono crowd pushing toward harm.

-Lars