On Tuesday 15 September 2009, handar...@tiscali.co.uk wrote:
>Dear open ofice , I purchased your soft ware to use for powerpoints etc
>.Unfortunately we had to have our windows system reinstalled and lost
>the program.Is it possible to be sent it again free of charge .My name
>is Helen Richardson and our email is handar...@tiscali.co.uk.it was
>about thwo years ago when I bought it .Thanks Helen .

It (OpenOffice) was not for sale for any price 2 years ago, anymore than it
is today.  If you actually paid money for it, you were scammed by less than
honest people.  Unfortunately, there are quite a few of those extant.

The download of the currant version, much newer than the 2 year old install
you lost, is free at <http://www.openoffice.org>.  All you have to do is
choose your machines platform.

In fact you are encouraged to burn it to a cd-r, and install it on as many
machines as you like, including your friends.

Support-wise, this mailing list is _it_, and we are all volunteers donating
our time to try and help others.  Some here are pretty darned smart and I've
not seen very many problems go unsolved.

>Protect your PC with 50% off Norton Security -
> http://www.tiscali.co.uk/securepc

's funny.   Your sig is an advert for Norton...

Q: I wonder why Norton doesn't make a security product for linux?
A: Because linux generally doesn't need it.  Its many times more secure than
winderz will ever be.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

"Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk ?"
Microsoft spel chekar vor sail, worgs grate !!
(By leit...@inf.fu-berlin.de, Felix von Leitner)