Hi Elsie,
Outlook Express is probably the only program that will open DBX files created by outlook express. I've had success with this same problem by installing OE, creating the same folders that you had before (they match the names of the dbx files), then closing OE and copying the old files over the new ones. One thing to watch for: if you copied the original dbx files to a CD, then back to the hard drive, they may be marked as 'read only'. This will be a problem for OE. Select all the files, right-click, select 'properties' and clear the 'read only' checkbox.
tc


Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:

HI,

On Jun 6, 2005, at 12:19 PM, Elsie D Peachey wrote:

Sirs:
I need to know how dbx. files can be opened. I had to back up everything on my computer and wipe it off. Now with the backup cds I cannot open any
of the Outlook Express files that were saved.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Elsie Peachey





This message is more appropriate for our users list and I am forwarding it there. It is [EMAIL PROTECTED] You can view responses via the archives and subscribe to the list from http:// www.openoffice.org/mail_list.html.

We also have a support project, <http://support.openoffice.org/>.
And, try our instructions page, <http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/ instructions.html>

best,
Louis Suarez-Potts
Community Manager
OpenOffice.org



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to