Hi all,

I recently had my WinMe laptop die on me. I was not able to save all
of my configuration files before my HDD turned into a post-modern
paper weight. I did however manage to save a copy of everything in
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org1.1.4\user.

I have managed to install OOo 1.1.4 on my new WinXP machine just fine.
 My settings have been a bit more difficult. I tried simply copying
my saved user dir over top of the user dir created when I installed
OOo 1.1.4, but this didn't work. (As in, attempts to run OOo lead to
the splash screen and soffice showing up in the Windows task list, but
then when the splash screen closed, soffice dropped out of the task
list and I had no running OOo instance.)

I uninstalled and reinstalled OOo 1.1.4 and it runs fine. But, I had tweaked the interface a fair bit, established quite a few templates, customized my dictionary, etc., etc. Any advice about how to carry over what settings I have from my WinMe installation user directory tree?

If possible, please cc me on any responses. Thanks and best,

Brian vdB



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to