Den 2010-10-26 16:24:43 skrev Heikki Jussila <heikkitapio.juss...@gmail.com>:

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 00:53, Barbara Duprey <b...@onr.com> wrote:

On 10/21/2010 4:33 PM, saskia shoshana cohen wrote:

Shalom
When I receive documents PdF or MHTLM doc
It is impossible to open them to download them
Thank you to help me quickly to resolve this problem

{Saskia (saskiacohentan...@gmail.com) is not subscribed and probably will
not see messages unless directly copied.]

Saskia, OpenOffice.org is not really designed to open either of those
formats. PDF files can be opened in the Draw application, I think, but
basically as drawings; you need a reader (there are several free ones,
including one from Adobe), or you can try one of the utilities that attempts to make them editable. Sorry, I can't recommend any as particularly good,
though maybe somebody else here can help.

For editing PDF files I use Foxit PDF Editor (version 2.0 build 111). It can open any PDF file and you can edit its content, even add graphics etc. You can get it from Foxit Software (it is for Windows so if you are using MAC or
Linux then you need to find something else for PDF management.

There is one called ”PDF Studio” which unfortunately is not free, but it's available for Linux, Windows and Mac.

Regards

Johnny Rosenberg

MHTLM appears to be some sort of message attachment format that is not
generally supported. Your best bet is probably to have whoever is sending you these attachments use a different format instead. If you meant MHTML, a web page browser format that collects various external components together,
again this is not a supported format for OOo: Internet Explorer should
probably be able to handle it, though.

MHTLM is a Microsoft special format of HTML when saved form IE (it contains all the information you see from a web-page in a single file, but you need IE to get it functioning properly, you may be able to see the text in other
browsers too, but that is not always the case.

What OOo primarily deals with is text documents, spreadsheets,
presentations, and drawings, all in a large number of formats.