"James Knott" <james.kn...@rogers.com> wrote in message news:4cd2da12.7090...@rogers.com...
Harold Fuchs wrote:
On 03/11/2010 14:54, James Knott wrote:
Harold, you might want to check your computer clock. It appears you sent this message on Sunday. One thing I recommend is to configure computers to use NTP, which sets the clock very accurately.

Errm. Yes, I did send it on Sunday. At about twenty to eight in the evening my time. Why do you feel it necessary to comment or to think that my computer clock may be wrong? I use NIST's time server.

My apologies. I was surprise to see email that took 3 days to arrive. It's almost as though you sent it via the post office. ;-)

Generally, when there's a significant discrepancy between post and arrival times, it's due to a mis-configured clock.

According to the message headers, you sent it on Oct 31 @ 14:35and was received by the list on Nov 3 @ 19:37 or 3 days and 5 hours later. I wonder where it was for all that time? Generally, this list is quick to forward messages.

Yes, I think my ISP must have been playing silly beggars.

Regards, Harold