In news:op.vl58celmxqd...@pb-laptop,
Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knu...@gmail.com> typed:
> Den 2010-11-14 18:21:43 skrev Twayne
> <twa...@twaynesdomain.com>:
>> In news:1289695759.2200.11.ca...@jeff-desktop,
>> Jeffrey Needle <jeff.nee...@gmail.com> typed:
>>> I've found a marvelous answer to the problem of removing
>>> line breaks in Open Office text, etc.

>>> I hope this is of some help to you.
>>
>> No help to me: I use OOo's native Replace command for
>> that. See Tabs, newlines, paragraphs \t \n $
>> and the following lines for how to.
>
> Yes, but I think there was some serious problem with that,
> if I recall correctly. The problem was that \n in the
> search field is Shift+b5 and in the replace field it is
> b5, but there is no way to replace the other way around,
> at least not easily.

That rings a bell somehow, but IIRC I fixed it by using the "$" expression.
Take a look in Help for "replacing;tab stops (regular expressions)" and see
if that table doesn't help. I'm using 3.2.1 on an XP Pro SP3 Dell T3400
workstation.
   Yes, I know it doesn't sound like the right place in Help, but that chart
is where I found it, again IIRC. IT'll only operate on the last character in
a line. Don't know why it's under tabs - but that's OO's Help, good or
bad.Nothin surprises me in Help anymore.

HTH,

Twayne`