At 20:26 14/11/2010 -0500, David B Teague wrote:
On 11/14/2010 12:32 PM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
Yes, but I think there was some serious problem with that, if I recall correctly. The problem was that \n in the search field is Shift+↵ and in the replace field it is ↵, but there is no way to replace the other way around, at least not easily.

If anyone gets a way around that, I want to see it. This is a recurring problem if you copy stuff from the clipboard into Writer.

If you go to Tools | AutoCorrect Options... | Options and scroll down, you will see "Combine single line paragraphs if length greater than 50%". (If you select this and click Edit..., you can vary that figure of 50%.) You can use this to combine single-line paragraphs. Just go to Format | AutoCorrect > | Apply.

This will apply all currently selected forms of auto-correction, and any additional changes may be unwanted. If so, try Format | AutoCorrect > | Apply and Edit Changes instead. Then click Edit Changes to reach a panel enabling you to accept or reject individual changes.

You may want to paste any text into a temporary separate document before carrying out such editing, to avoid unwanted changes to the rest of your real document. The tidied-up text can then be pasted where you really want it.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker