OOo 3.2.1 Vista Home Premium, Calc

I have a web page showing a table of dates and associated events. The dates, all in the same year (2011) are in the style, for example "Sun Oct 23". If I copy/paste the table into Calc, the example date I just gave comes across as 01/10/2023. How do I fix this so that the dates come across "correctly"?

Calc's Paste Special option doesn't seem to help.

I have tried saving the table as a CSV file by copy/pasting the web table into a text editor and then opening that file in Calc but the result is the same.

--

Harold Fuchs
London, England