On 12/11/2010 06:33 PM, RA Brown wrote:
On Sat Dec 11 2010 14:45:54 GMT-0800 (PST) Douglas Hinds wrote:

One more thing: My own posts are not returning (so I'm bbc-ing
myself) and I'm wondering if this can be changed via my account's
configuration.

That is a Gmail thing. For some reason they figure that if you send it
you do not need a copy. Go figure.

Yayhoo also does this. When I want to send myself something from work and be sure I can get it at home, I merely click on Send, then go into the Sent folder on the yayhoo site and move the message to the Inbox. Then Thunderbird will DL it at home. Only way I ever see anything I post to any group or list is if someone replies to it and quotes it back.

--
The hinge of history is on a stable door in Bethlehem
  <>< Earl