Brian Barker wrote:

> Are you using OpenOffice version 3.1 as provided by/with
> Ubuntu?  This appears to have been a bug in that version.  See
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/+bug/374708 .

brewster:

My apologies for not including version and platform information -
I should know better. Using Open Office 3.2 (build:9483) running
under Ubuntu 10.04. I guess that I must assume that 3.1 bug was not
fixed since it is still reproducing under my later lashup.

barker:

> I trust this helps.
>
> Brian Barker

brewster:

Actually it helped on a couple of counts; I'd always rather find
out that it's a bug instead of my lack of competence :-).......
... and your bug-blog link had a workaround that someone had discovered,
that appears to do the trick.

The lesson for me is that when a problem seems intractable or has no
plausible explanation, check the bug reports first.

Thanks,

Brewster

Embrace a sharing community of sustainable justice low-carbon diversity