On Monday 31 January 2011 17:13, Jordan Grode wrote:
> Hi. There is a serious problem with your software, Open Office Text
> Documents, that has been bothering me for months. I cannot find an answer
> on your website and on your help pages, so I would thankful if you can
> answer my question. When I press the space button on the keyboard, the
> cursor only moves one space. I can only move one space at a time without
> pressing another character.  This problem is beyond annoying and
> frustrating and it would be the greatest help if you can solve this problem
> for me. Thank You so very much!!

Holding down the space key on the keyboard causes extra spaces to be inserted
but not visible until you type another character. Is this what you are
talking about? If so then you should not be using the space key to create
white space in this way. It is a bad word processing technique to get into.
If you come back later and edit one word before the white space in a
paragraph it upsets the rest of the paragraph.

On the top ruler are little marks like upside down 'T's. These indicate Tab
points. By pressing the Tab key the "blinker" jumps to directly below the
next one of these marks. Tabs are extra brilliant because you can set your
own anywhere on this ruler between thte margns just by clicking there and
this new custom tab spot overwrite these default upside down T points. Not
only that but you have minute control (hundredths of a centimetre) in your
placement of these tabs. For more go to help and type in tab.

HTH

--
Michael