Am 08.02.2011 19:35, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

Doesn't seem that any of these does what they are supposed to do. Could
anyone else test this?

Why does virtually nobody ever post any formula? Yes, the formuals I posted do work for me in any spreadsheet program Calc, Excel and Gnumeric likewise.

OFFSET(C4:D5 ; -1 ; -2 ; 3 ; 4) returns A3:D5

This one returns A3:D5 which is 12 cells. Returning 12 values by a single formula requires an array formula. Otherwise you get #VALUE.
But you wanted to get a SUM from a calculated range:
SUM(OFFSET(C4:D5 ; -1 ; -2 ; 3 ; 4)) returns a single value, the sum of A3:D5

The other examples return a single cell reference should work as is.