Guy:

I did not think of this option.  The XFree package is not directly available
from
the foundation's web page for the Mac, however, Fink (a porting project to
bring programs
from the UNIX world to the Mac world) does have an XFree package available.

To user Fink you first have to install the Fink basic package and then install
other
packages using it.  I will warn, however, that there are dependencies to the
XFree
package from what I remember and it may take a long time to install.  Apple
makes
it easier by combining all that is needed into one very neat package.

James McKenzie