At 14:14 15/04/2007 +0200, Glenn Folkvord wrote:
It was pasted from a text file. Formatting should be removed.
Sorry, but I think this is a little confused. Many text editors retain formatting, and even those that remove character styles will not necessarily mess with line and paragraph breaks.
What I found out was that even though I had "cleaned up" the text in EditPad by pasting the text in there, I had not saved the text file to the HD and for some reason the formatting removal would not be recognised until I had done that.
From what you say (though you don't say as much), the problem was indeed with the items still being separated by line breaks rather than paragraph breaks. If so, it is entirely unnecessary to stage your copy through another text editor. Just paste the original text into OpenOffice Writer, but use Paste Special instead of Paste. (This is at Edit | Paste Special... or just Ctrl+Shift+V.) From the available options, choose "Unformatted text", and all your line breaks will magically become paragraph breaks.
I am surprised I didnt think of that, after having used Windows and text editors for 17 years, LOL!
Well, here's a new trick today, I trust! Brian Barker --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
