  From: Guy Voets
  To: users@openoffice.org ; Ravi Saund
  Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 10:28 AM
  Subject: Re: [users] I am using version 2.2 of OpenOffice.org. My problem is
: how do I save a .odt document in Writer as .doc because it keeps on
automatically saving to .rtf when I select .doc?!

  2007/5/8, Ravi Saund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
    Thank you in advance.

    Ravi Saund
    Tel: 0845 094 5052

  On my OpenOffice.org, I simply do:
  File > Save as , then chose filetype Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP (.doc), give
the file a name, chose an appropriate folder for the file to be saved in and
see that the Automatic Filename Extension is checked, then click Save.

  You may also look into Tools > Options > Load/Save > General > Standard File
Format (or something such)
  Document type... -> Saver always as...

  HTH
  --
  Guy
  using dutch OOo 2.2 RC 4 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger