I wish that was true, but unfortunately it isn't. OpenOffice.org works with
Vista.

Just go back to www.OpenOffice.org and download again and check the md5sum
to verify that the file isn't corrupted. Then try to install again.

What I am trying to say is that I would guess that your downloaded file is
corrupt in one way or the other. Maybe the download failed and some parts of
it is missing?

J.R.