Jerry Saranchuk wrote:
> I am trying to download openoffice word processor and am having a lot of
> problems,  WHY?  It loads about half and then just shuts off, my computer is
> set for long downloads and yet it still shuts down, do you have a free disc
> you  could send me?  Or  shorter download ??

Are you saying the download aborts?  Or the computer shuts down?  Are
you using a dial up phone modem and the ISP is dropping the connection?
Do you get any error or other messages?  Sometimes, on Windows, firewall
or antivirus software interferes with the download or installation of
OpenOffice.  If you are using dial up and the connection is being
dropped, you can try using the bit torrents, which will resume after an
interruption.

The people providing help on this list are all volunteers, so we don't
have any disks, free or otherwise, to send out.  There are some CD
vendors listed on the OpenOffice site, but we can't vouch for any of
them.  You may also be able to download OpenOffice at another location,
that has broadband internet access, such as work, a friend's home,
library etc., where you can then copy it to a CD or USB drive, for
transport to your own computer.

Please respond only to the mail list (users@openoffice.org) and not
directly to me.