On 10/12/2007 22:42, Leach, William R wrote:
...because Outlook will try to startup MS Word when you receive e-mails
created by people that use MS Word as their "e-mail editor."  Best I can
tell (by looking at the Outlook's options you can not change the editor
that Outlook will start up.
<snip>

It's a long time since I used Outlook but my memory is that one could quite easily choose not to use Word as one's text editor.

Try this: http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040611.htm

The "2004" *might* mean it no longer works but ...

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England